Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Adventures in Anthropology: Oklahoman American Society

I take this brief [read: highly extended] break from my paper writing [women and sexuality in the films of Catherine Breillat, holla!] to share observations of my current environment.

Aside from the tower of intellect sitting across from me, the surroundings are amusingly dismal.

Where do you go when you need free WiFi late into the night?

Beverly's Pancake House [24 hours!]. Shitty food, and fast. Full lard content whenever your heart desires. Half slab of pork product at 3:45 AM? Yours! Large stack of pancakes covered in "maple" syrup at 4? Yes ma'am!

Ordered hot tea. It comes with honey sauce.

What the hell is honey sauce?

Oh Oklahoma, I am adoring you and your shameless obesity, which you soundtrack with Rod Stewart without any discernible irony.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"welcome to college!" says the tower of intellect.
:)

Marcus Powers said...

OMG. Bev's. I love that place. (Even though I've been there but once.)

shane said...

Gotta love Bev. And her honey sauce.