Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Bitch Hunt

1:17 AM, and someone is already pissing me off.

A new faux Facebook Profile has come up. It's sole purpose? To accuse Clark, and later myself and Eryn, of being the writers of the chapel blog.

Conversation highlights:

Convo# 1

Clark Townsend wrote
at 5:07pm
I am immediately offended that you would be so bold as to make a public statement linking me to "Amber Jackson." Because you could not possibly have any evidence to support the claim that you are making, I insist that you deactivate this profile immediately. If you wish to discuss this matter in private I am more than willing to do so, but I consider it no less than slander for you to try and link me to the ideologies and views expressed by "Amber Jackson." If this profile is still here tomorrow afternoon at this time, I will begin the process of having the account traced.

Danielle Marie Kellen wrote
at 5:38pm
Technically, Clark, this is libel. Slander is oral, libel is in print.

ACTJ, I don't understand your motive for this profile. It seems solely to be a desire to directly attack Clark. It is defamatory, and you haven't any proof to support your apparent claim that Clark is Amber Jackson. I don't think you fully grasp the weight of your actions. Should the administration take your allegations seriously, Clark could be stripped of his privileges, his jobs, and potentially requested to leave this institution, even if they have no proof linking him to the blog.

I hope you aren't a journalism student as you clearly have no grasp over journalistic integrity or ethics. If you are a mass communications student, I am sincerely ashamed to have you in my department and deeply concerned for the masses should you pursue a career in the media.

I also hope you aren't among those who berate Amber Jackson for remaining anonymous. You haven't stooped to her level - you've stooped much, much lower.

Amber Clark Townsend Jackson (Oklahoma City, OK) wrote
at 5:53pm
Who else has a key to Herrick that could get into the auditorium to take such a good picture of the banner? It would be noticed were one to take a picture during chapel... I will change the name of the profile, we may have jumped to conclusions, but several others have expressed their opinions about who the 'real' Amber Jackson, several of us believe that 'she' is comprised of a few people, yourself included. By tomorrow I will have removed the profile.

Danielle Marie Kellen wrote
at 6:14pm
I have heard all of these rumors and others. I honestly do not care if anyone feels it is me, or Clark, or John Justice, or Kyle Sides, or Brad and Jason themselves. What I am concerned about is the lack of integrity you displayed by joining his name with Amber's without anything but your assumptions.

The auditorium is normally unlocked an hour before chapel and for several hours after. Many groups of students use the auditorium for meetings and rehearsals. Herrick auditorium is not as inaccessible as you assume. (The locks are not impossible to pick either.) You are also assuming that it would be highly conspicuous for one to take pictures during chapel. (I was taking pictures in chapel today. Did you see me?) Current Cameras have at least 5X optical zoom. (My phone is 3X, around 3 MPX.) This makes it easy to discretely take a shot from virtually any seat in that auditorium.

I appreciate your decision to remove the profile. Perhaps you have a small amount of integrity after all.


Convo #2

Clark Townsend wrote
at 11:42pm
Did you honestly expect that I was going to just sit there and let you take potshots at me? Are you so immature as to think that simply because a couple people started rumors about my being "Amber Jackson" that their claims had merit? Danielle was right, you have stooped lower than this "Amber Jackson" character. Enough with the conjecture and accusations, just get this damn profile off facebook and grow up a little.

Amber Clark Townsend Jackson (Oklahoma City, OK) wrote
at 12:14am
We believe (as you and Danielle believe, in writing the blog) that every persons opinion must be heard. We also have noticed that you and/or Danielle Marie Kellen have not denied being 'Amber Jackson'. At your request, your connection with this profile will be removed.

Danielle Marie Kellen wrote
at 12:50am
"[E]very persons[sic] opinion must be heard." You don't need to preach this to me. I have fought more for free speech on this campus than you can conceive. I FULLY believe that every opinion deserves to be heard. [You have yet to voice one.]

"We also have noticed that you and/or Danielle Marie Kellen have not denied being 'Amber Jackson'." Brad hasn't denied being Amber Jackson. Neither has Dr. Gresham. Or Amanda Mayo, or Jonathan Platter, or Matthew McGrath, or Jennifer Morris, or Abbie Dedmon, or Amy Armstrong, or Tanner Bergman, or Jenna Holt, or Aaron Pope, or Chris Schafer, or Stephen Vandervort, or Evan Mosshart, or Andy Bouseman, or Brian Woolbright, or Stuart Campbell, or Tyler Hull, or Jessica Cory . . . . .

I thought we operated in a nation where individuals do not need to prove their innocence. My mistake.

BT Dubs - you have a lot of time to promise both Clark and myself that the connection will be removed. Why is it you no time to actually remove the connection?


Convo #3

Eryn Campbell wrote
at 10:39pm
honestly???
may i ask why you created this profile? i can think of no legitimate reason other than straight-up hatefulness and passive aggression.
i have to say i'm disappointed and embarrassed that students at a supposedly "christian" university treat each other this way. call me an optimist, but i hoped for a little more from my fellow peers.

Amber Clark Townsend Jackson (Oklahoma City, OK) wrote
at 11:18pm
One might also make the argument as to why Clark, Danielle and yourself created 'Amber Jackson'.... I cant understand the need to create a persona to express your opinions, rather than own them yourself...

Danielle Marie Kellen wrote
at 12:53am
"I cant[sic] understand the need to create a persona to express your opinions [or blatant, unfounded accusations], rather than own them yourself..."

Obviously you can . . . .

BT Dubs - please learn to punctuate properly. We should all be writing on a college level.

Kisses,
Danielle


And one for good measure, because I am an enraged little bitch:

Danielle Marie Kellen wrote
at 12:56am
Jonathan Platter's comment has been removed. That's shady business. Let's all get together and spread unfounded accusations behind his back. HEY! EVERYBODY! JONATHAN PLATTER IS AMBER CLARK TOWNSEND JACKSON!

Now let's get together and make an anonymous Facebook profile and title it Amber Clark Jonathan Platter Townsend Jackson.



ACTJ: For your well-being, I sincerely hope that I have never met you. Obviously you have no grasp over the person I am or the person I can become when pushed too far. If I were you, I'd begin taking precautions to make sure my identity was never revealed. I would give up vegetarianism solely for the purpose of consuming your flesh.

You've begun a witch hunt, dearie. [And honestly you've started persecuting the wrong lady.]

This bitch is on the hunt as well. You can be damn sure of that.

No comments: