Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thursday, sweet Thursday . . .

Tomorrow I am expecting a gift from my mother - a new bag. I am hoping this will make me feel so much better about this week. This may seem very shallow and materialistic to you, to which I respond, "It is. It is, indeed. Fuck you."

My rage has subsided greatly today, much of this due to the closing of the fake Amber Jackson profile this afternoon.

I am also happier because of the knowledge that while everyone may not like me here, [that's a-ok with me] I do have a lot of people supporting me. It means a lot. So thank you:

Manda Mayo
**Jess Chen
Tim Auter
Brady Marston
Mendy Meisner
Meredith Stocks
Shauna Runyon
Clint Gilbert
Stephanie Rehkopf
**Jeremy Schroeder
Aaron Campbell
**Ashley Smith
Jan Chafey

And Clark, Eryn, and John, of course.

[Apologies to Elliott Tate - I have given you the stink-eye two days in a row. I'm really sorry, bud.]

And also, thank you to Spiritual Development. They have heard about the fake Amber Jackson, and Brad is now in talks with Scott in Student Development about how to proceed with this whole mess. Brad has heard many complaints [and threats apparently] from students surrounding the whole mess.

Today they spoke to Clark, stating they do not believe we are behind the blog, and that they support us fully.

Stick that in your rumor pipe and smoke it.


Maybe I can now recenter, put the joy back in my heart, and get back to more important matters: fashion.

Cross your fingers. We'll see how the rest of this week goes.

EDIT:

My bag came this evening. I checked my mail before beginning to study for Bib Interp. [Arguably the single most useless class for my life. MCS comes in a close second.]

I was right - it is making me feel better. I haven't made a complete recovery, but distressed gold slouchy hobo healing was definitely in order.

Also - I forgot to send thanks to Marcus Powers. That's right, I've got East Coast by my side. Soon the Bloods and Crips will be uniting under my banner. Because I am the OG.

3 comments:

Marcus Powers said...

Yes, yes and yes. I miss you in blog land.

I meant to call you this afternoon, but I ended up having to do something. I'm expecting you'll get a call tomorrow evening while I'm waiting at the airport.

(Also, this might get me an unfavorable mention on this very blog, but do I get a spot on that list since I even posted a blog about it?)

Dani said...

HA! Your fear gives me much glee. :)

And you will be getting an unfavorable mention.

I kid.
You probably should have been given thanks. It was a long list, my B.

mishelleyb said...

for real-zee? i cannot believe i was left off of your list!
do you not remember our conversation, my suggestion of your status message???
i'll live with the pain. sigh.
i had no idea the drama that had exploded recently. you can ignore my fb msg. this was insane.
i hope you are breathing again. smiling again. able to be cutting yet kind.
wear your heart on your sleeve again.