Friday, October 3, 2008

My vagina is angry.

CSI is going to be the end of my sanity, I swear.

Today's "discussion?" Family structure and male and female roles.

Linda Wilcox [henceforth called L Dubs]: Why is it that most societies worldwide currently and historically have been patriarchal?

From this point the class spiraled out of control into a frenzy of "well men are stronger, more emotionally stable, ordained by god . . . . . " bullshit.

I said it in class, and I'll say it again: men are not better, they are different. Stronger? Perhaps due to sheer size and musculature [nothing that some 'roids and a good old-fashioned work ethic can't fix] but women are creatures of endurance [menstruation . . . . . hello?].

We're patriarchal due to historical reasons. Somewhere along the line there was a power struggle and men won out. The end.

Don't give me any of that "men are more suited to lead" BS. With the exception of Palin [and this is because she's an idiot, not because she has a cooter], it simply isn't true.



Also: if you don't want to buy me that print for my birthday, I have my eye on a necklace that was featured in October's Vogue. Peacock moth-wing pendant. $2,500. I'll let you children make that choice on your own.

[Who am I kidding, you all know I'll settle for a hug, a subscription to Nylon, and a big bottle of Pellegrino.]

2 comments:

Marcus Powers said...

All I can say is...

I KNOW, RIGHT?

Anonymous said...

CSI hurts me as well..every other Friday morning. Yes, I wait to grade the essays till about 1 or 2 am. Why sleep before Friday's classes? I don't take them seriously.